«A few words from our firefly»
«A Word from
Firefly World – Discover the fire within
“I don’t believe in telling people what they should or can do, I believe in showing them how it is done” We have been growing in a society where the term ‘disability’ is associated with a stigma, a sense of uncalled for classification on the rise. Which then calls for a growing need for sheer change in the perspective. A perspective that is not sympathy or empathy even, but a simple commitment to building an inclusive environment.
My blindness was discovered when I was seven or eight years old. I was left with two choices; either to make it or to break it. We need to acknowledge that disability is very real and feel that the true injustice lies not in the use of disability as a descriptor or identity, rather how the society perceives the term and those who identify with it. Disability does not mean someone is broken, and certainly does not mean that the individual is inferior. With this belief, I chose to make it.
Today, I am a corporate trainer, motivational speaker, leadership coach and an author. Little joys of everyday life like my morning cup of tea and playing with my grandkids keeps me going. As a society we have a lot of work to do to embrace disability as both a term and an identity. For this very reason I resonate with The Firefly World closely. A global initiative to create level playing field for the disabled and able-bodied. The idea is to eliminate thoughts that perhaps perpetuate the stigma. To break societal constructs that stop us from seeing beyond our senses, from exploring our potentials and constructs that deprive us of our joys of being who we truly can be. The community is not only for the disabled, it is for every individual who has a story to share. For every individual who is willing to inspire and be inspired. A community that welcomes everyone who wants to discover the fire within.
Firefly, Blind Expert
Firefly World brings together two facets of our society, the able and the disabled, to share their experiences so that both can benefit from each other. We’ll be glad to help you find the best way you can help and who you should get in touch with, from the NGOs listed below. Please fill in the short form below and our experts will get back to you soon.
IMPORTANT- Do not commit any time or money to any of these organization until you have asked our experts for advice.
- This is the first step in your FFW journey.
- In order to retain this level, you must participate in our Polls, Quizzes, Referrals and surveys for at least twice a month, for a period of three months. You can also 'like' the comments on the discussion panel as the discussions ensue.
- Every time you participate in any of the activities, you will be rewarded in the form of offers or special gifts from a wide range of partner brands.
- Now take part in the discussions, comment or even start your own discussion.
- Opportunity to like and comment on the inspiring stories posted by experts and others.
- Access to experts to ask for advice
Personal issues, career, or any other subject.
- To maintain your Chrysalis membership you must take part:
A quiz once a month over the period of a year.
Take a poll or a survey at least once every three months.
Lastly, contribute to the discussions at least once.
- You’ll be rewarded every time you engage!
- You’re one step away from becoming a full-fledged Firefly.
- Access to experts to ask for advice:
Personal issues, career, or any other subject.
- To continue as a Glowbug, you will need to:
Participate in quizzes, polls and surveys once every month for the year.
Contribute to the community by uploading relevant stories.
- Involvement in any activity guarantees a reward and will eventually win you the chance to achieve that much revered status of Firefly.
- Besides a host of regular rewards for your contribution, you will also be privy to:
Discounted Aadyam theatre ticket
Discounts and curated menus from the several restaurants
- This is it! You’ve arrived. You’re among the starlets and stars of the crème de la crème.
- Within the community, these Fireflies act as experts to whom the rest of the community may come to for assistance regarding personal issues, career advice, or subjects of a particular interest to them.
- Fireflies receive the best reward catalogue in addition to regular perks:
Aadyam theatre tickets.
Curated menus from an array of restaurants.
Special discounts and offers on Enable travel.
A concierge facility that is currently being built.
Surprise offers and gifts on a variety of occasions or for no reasons at all!
Celebrating the #CanDo attitude, which pushes us to overcome the boundaries that exist in our minds. Read on for stories that will inspire you to follow the path less travelled.
Watch snippets of thrilling experiences and inspiring stories that showcase our #CanDo spirit.
Your #Cando Stories
Mobile:+91 704 540 1584